Player safety and protection is an important topic. If we do not know whether a casino is trustworthy or not, how can we bet our money on it?
To obtain this license, casinos must meet high security standards, such as:
- Offer players periods of rest and self-exclusion.
- Games with minimal prizes.
- Enhanced security system on their site to protect user data
- Safe and secure payment platforms
There are many more authority licenses that offer them, but most online casinos share these four licenses mentioned above. Depending on the region where you operate, you may be more interested in one or the other, but these are the most common ones.
Also very respected is the eCOGRA certification, which assures and confirms that a certain online casino offers fair and random results. Of course, it is always advisable to check if the casino in which you are going to play has it.
One of the requirements to obtain a gaming license in Canada is that the casino uses the Random Number Generator, a random number generation system that guarantees the game’s fairness. It is a system audited by specialized companies independent from the casino.
Why use licensed and regulated casinos
Using regulated online casinos is extremely important and advantageous for the player. Because in addition to the economic benefits, it offers the player security because:
- Regulated casinos are periodically monitored and audited to ensure that they operate responsibly.
- In addition, they have Internet data encryption systems or SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). This guarantees that the player’s personal and banking data will be safe.
- Thus, the player will be able to make his deposits and withdrawals with the confidence that his information is confidential.
- Furthermore, licensed online casinos guarantee fair gaming because they operate with random number generators. This guarantees that all gaming results are purely due to chance.